Monday, September 24, 2012

Twilight Bay Run 2012

I did it :)

The weeks leading up to the run were hard with my epilepsy medication mix up. I missed the Bridge to Brisbane due to the medication mix up so I was pretty unhappy about that. I wasn't able to train at all for this run until the day before. I also had a seizure that day so things were still not ideal.




I decided to just enjoy this one, not push it and listen to what my body and brain were telling me. I knew I'd be able to make it through with out incident or injury if I just paced myself and took it easy. I came in with an official time of 43:30. Not my best and not my worst. I'm just happy to have been there and done it.


 Things did get a little wobbly in places so I slowed down. At the end I was a bit wobbly on my feet and had a little sit down and cool down with my fantastic husband who has been supporting me with all of these runs.


I'm pretty sure that will be my last run for the year (unless I find another that looks good), however I have the Light the Night walk for the Leukaemia foundation on October 10 the lovely +Hendrik Ebber will be joining me for that one. Then Relay for Life November 3. Providing the others who volunteered to join the team sign up and show up :) If you'd like to join us in Springwood for that one you can sign up here.

No comments:

Post a Comment