Wednesday, October 19, 2011

8 Month Brainiversary

Yesterday was my first post op MRI. It was a bit of a challenge. First of all I am claustrophobic so I wasn’t particularly looking forward to it. When we arrived at the centre we discovered it was directly across the road from where my mother died. It was a rude shock.  I have to wait 2 - 3 days now for the results of the MRI to arrive in the mail. Those are going to be some very long days indeed.
I have been very stressed about this scan as i tis the first since surgery. I have to say I have been terrified that something will show up on the scans and I'll have to have more brain surgery. I don't ever want to have to go through this again. Recovering my memory, my self, my life over the last eight months has been a massive journey, its been an adventure and its been frightening at times.

I have been consoling, calming and attempting to de-stress myself by drowning in my photography. Playing with ideas and things I haven’t done for a while or never tried before. I am really looking forward to catching up with family and friends while I'm away and especially once the hard part is over.

I'll update more another time. Be safe, have fun and get out there and Live life.
Img_4099e Img_4103e Img_4105e Img_4109e Img_4112e Img_4098e Img_4072e Img_4073e Img_4074e

1 comment:

Julia Robertson said...

MRI results arrived the mail!

Findings - blah blah blah blah
Conclusion - Successful resection with no further significant abnormality

Post a Comment